Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thing # 16

I usually have reservations about using Wikipedia as my sole answer to a question but sometimes that's the only resource that has some obscure person or fact. Everything I thought I knew made me shy away from possible unsupported information. Learning about Wikis gave me a fresh insight into the process. I found www.webjunction.org particularly informative with good ideas for libraries. I liked their idea of making the public think "library" first when wanting to find community information on events in the area, or reviews by the public on books, movies, or even reviews on business services. The more the public thinks to go to the library as a first stop for information the more valuable we become. And we need all the value we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment